Senior Software Engineer
Klip Desk is the world’s first sports marketing cloud. We are redefining ways rights holders engage fans and helping both brands and rights holders understand the value of digital content sponsorships. The business has three core offerings;
Using artificial intelligence and machine learning our content publishing software can automatically detect when a highlight has happened, edit it, cut it and publish to any digital channel. Brand integration and sponsor overlays can be applied in real time prior to publishing. Rights holders can manage all their digital video publishing business by using the full editing suite whilst also using feature like in browser animation creator and our media library.
Our analytics platform helps brands and rights holders understand the value of their digital sponsorship assets. Combining real time digital engagement metrics, content performance data and tracking both brand integration and logo exposure, Klip Desk analytics is a real time dashboard to help brands and rights holders thrive in the modern-day sponsorship landscape. It can track web content, any social content and provide a full 360 view of sponsorship and content performance online with over 30 dashboards.
To accompany our analytics product, we offer a bespoke reporting and insights service to expand the value of sponsorships and provide the true value of digital and social media channels in sponsorship. Our insights teams use our proprietary valuation approach called DAI (Digital Asset Index) to provide a true representation of value that digital channels deliver for sponsorships.
The senior software engineer plays not only a critical role in writing fantastic code across the product suite yet also managing a small team of engineers. We are seeking someone who loves solving problems both technically and creatively. You will push the team to think outside the box and you yourself will have a passion for delivering innovative product solutions.
As we grow you will be the person who can step up into our tech leadership role. This does not daunt you but excite you. You love working in a team and are a good and clear communicator. You are an individual. You live and breathe coding and you have a passion to learn new things.
- Independently lead projects with cross-functional team members from a technology standpoint
- Partner with experience and visual designers, strategists, strategic designers, testers and producers to create reliable and maintainable solutions
- Review and understand requirements and scope of solutions
- Work with team leads to shape practical approaches and estimates
- Write clear and concise documentation
- Understand and experience implementing best practices relating to TDD and Continuous Integration.
- Support our teams and clients in the creation and implementation of product roadmaps and release plans
- Help share knowledge and experience throughout the team and the greater agency
- Have an understanding of balancing priorities based on resources, budget and timelines
Experience, Professional Skills and Qualifications
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer with 5+ years experience
- VC back end development – Primarily REST API’s using Phoenix with Elixir but experience with Ruby on Rails, Django or similar frameworks will be considered as well.
- Web API development
- Experience with HTTP based video streaming technology e.g. MPEG-Dash and Apple HTTP Live
- Streaming (HLS) Knowledge of audio/video technology such as RTMP streaming, codecs, ffmpeg, etc.
- Extensive experience in software development, scripting and project management
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic) and automated testing frameworks
- Knowledge of selected programming languages (e.g. Python, C++) and the Java/J2EE platform
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree
The specific capabilities for the role are outlined below:
Trusted executive partner
A credible and high integrity business partner, who brings thought leadership and is seen as an extension of the client’s executive team
Curious and conceptual thinker
Stays abreast of latest thinking and nets it all together
Inclusive and empathetic influencer
Connects broadly and deeply across the network, consulting and influencing on behalf of the client
Collaborative global influencer
Coordinates a collective, team-based client relationship across a global network
Entrepreneurial ambition and ownership
Please send your resume/folio to:firstname.lastname@example.org